What is Adult Foster Home
To explain simply:
- Adult Foster Care Homeis a small assisted-living facility that provides care for up to fiveresidents in a family atmosphere.
- Adult Foster Care Homes are licensed and monitored by the State of Oregon.
- They are mostly for people who need higher level of care or for people who are looking for quiet family atmosphere with more one on one care.
State of Oregon's description of Adult Foster Home:
Adult foster homes are single family residences that offer care in a homelike setting. Adult foster homes in Oregon are inspected and licensed. The adult foster home provider must meet certain standards to obtain a license. Staff from the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) Aging and People with Disabilities (APD), or the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) offices verify the qualifications of the caregiver, conduct yearly licensing inspections, and investigate complaints and concerns.
A little bigger explanation of Adult Foster Care:
- Adult Foster Care Homeis a small assisted-living facility for up to five residents in a family atmosphere. Adult Foster Care Homes are licensed and monitored by the State of Oregon. They are mostly for people who need higher level of care. Our Adult Foster Home is specialized in higher level of care than most Adult Foster Homes. We do care such as hoyer lift and 2 person transfer.Also, we have increased amount of activities, where we focus on weekly outings into the community.
- In Oregon, Adult Foster Homes are also called Adult Care Homes and Group Homes. In other states they have names such as Assisted Living, Residential Care Homes as well as Board and Room Homes.
- In Adult Foster Homes, the staff provide 24/7 care for the residents. The following services are provided: dressing, bowel and bladder care, bathing and grooming, dietary needs, 24-hour assistance, medication management, transportation, help with mobility, behavioral issues, activities, laundry, cleaning, and much more.
- The facilities in adult foster homes include private rooms, meals, TVs, and phones.
- In Adult Foster Homes, you can expect the same type of care as in nursing homes, but without physical and occupational therapy. In Adult Foster Homes, physical and occupational therapy can come to the facility by request.